- Give teachers and iPads in hand, ready to learn. infrastructure a one year headstart in and planning, so that in August 2012, approximately 150 students will arrive with their
- Order 40 iPads and Smart Covers, add wifi structure to the entire secondary school. Make sure bandwidth is enough to support this learning environment.
- Have Bangalore-based product distributors. ’s their iPads and be in charge of their care and updating. Have teacher’s sign a iPad contract. Have our IT department help with registering, updating, and facilitating purchasing from
- Our goal is to have at least 10 hours of iPad PD in this year, to help teachers gain confidence in using this tool in their classroom.
- iPads do not require a lot of cords and wires and servers. iPads charged the night before will last throughout a whole day of learning. Many iPad features work without internet connection required. At CIS, electrical outages and network downs occur regularly. iPads may be personalized, they are portable, they are fun.
- Engaged and excited teachers create enthusiastic learners. Each teacher will sign up for their own Apple ID and decide on once place to sync their device. The choice is theirs:- a home computer with iTunes installed or a school computer (in the staffroom). Teachers will be responsible for the loading and installation of apps and updates. They will be encouraged to personalize their iPads.
- The teachers are modelling what we will expect from the students next year. They will feel the energy and the frustration of learning a new skill. CIS will learn and troubleshoot along the way, creating a strong student rollout plan for August 2012.
- iPad helps Toronto special needs kids learn (cbc.ca)
- iPad in every TEACHER’S hand (jmclean77.wordpress.com)