Sept.26- 3 hours in groups of 20
Simman from Apple visited CIS to help us learn more about our iPad and how to use them. We spent 3 hours exploring and learning. This session was repeated again in the afternoon. The size of 20 was optimal, as everyone got attention, and was able to ask questions as they arose. We enjoyed the day, and left with more and more things to explore on our iPads.
- We are a part of the change– history of Mac and apple products.
- Motivation to learn and lead the change videos-iPads really are new in schools
- Hands on exploring of general settings-let’s get using our iPads
- Email access- Zimbra on our iPads- Always important- get your school email loading onto the iPad.
- Explore our Apple Wiki and use of WebDav to share information
- Move documents for a wiki to iBooks.
- Features of iBooks-define, highlight, add notes….
- Learn to store images from the internet and to move them into Pages, Keynote, and iMovie
- Apps downloading and redeeming of gifts
- Learning to use Pages and a quick introduction to iMovie.
The downfall of the day: By rolling out the iPads on Wednesday and Thursday and then not completing the iPad apps gifting on Friday, some were left without apps on Monday morning, training hinged upon having the Apps up and running. We also managed to “bog” our internet down on Monday, as we all tried to download the Apps at the same time…..
Most significant learning: LEAVE time to download all apps onto iPads, before training occurs…..
Patience and Time… everyone needs these……. Integrating new tech needs these too.
- Apple outs new iPad (iPad 2,4) in iOS 5.1 firmware (9to5mac.com)