- Some rights reserved by amanda28192
- In the Secondary Library, about 15 parents learned about CIS’s one 2 one learning environment for next year.
- Many were handling iPads for the first time. All completed a Socrative quiz, and the immediate results were viewed in real time on the projected screen.
- We did not succeed in completing all of the agenda below, but the discussion was encouraged. Doubts about iPads vs other tablets were cleared. Purchase plans were explained.
- After a 45 minute introduction and seeing that iPads truly are educational, I feel that parents left happy that the iPad as a learning tool will be a great addition to their child’s learning experience.
Our Agenda is listed below and cross posted on my wiki.
1. Think BIG- Introductory Video
2. 1:1 learning introduction
3. Hands on workshop- Learning with the iPad
- iTunes U
- Pages + Keynote
4. How will it work at CIS?
5. Questions and Answers
- Why iPads? Reasons for educational use (historytech.wordpress.com)
- Introducing Macworld’s iPad Superguide, third edition (macworld.com)
- Learning and Teaching with iPads: Quick guide to using iPads for learning (kwhobbes.wordpress.com)
- Apple tech goes ape crazy with the iPad (zdnet.com)